Carbon Fiber Manufacturing Company
Carbon Fiber Molding Company
Carbon fiber is a valuable composite material widely utilized in the aerospace, automotive, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), and submersibles industries for several reasons including its superior strength, density ratios, and flexibility. Moreover, while carbon fiber is a composite material that offers exceptional mechanical properties, it is also lightweight, making it a highly sought-after offering for its ability to increase fuel efficiency compared to traditional steel and other metals materials.
However, due to the necessity for aerospace, automotive, and UAV and submersibles parts to have a high-level of accuracy during the production stage, large production demands, intricate designs, and dimensional requirements, manufacturing companies are required to host strong tools, or molds to maintain assembly rotations and maintain supply chains worldwide. Recognizing the imperativeness of this, Fibrotek Advanced Materials is committed to leading the manufacturing industry as a top carbon fiber molding company.
Carbon Fiber Molds
While traditional manufacturing utilizes hard tools, or molds constructed of metal compounds such as nickel, steel, and aluminum for their reliability, Fibrotek Advanced Materials understands there are several inadequacies of these molds, including:
- The weight of the molds can prevent production line workers from moving the tools easily
- Their expensive industry manufacturing cost
- The natural thermal conductivity of the metals can increase cure times and lead to complications later down the production line
- They require thorough finishing and buffing procedures before they can be used
This is why our company uses composite materials, such as Epoxy resin reinforced with carbon fibers to create soft tool (molds) that can be completely customized to your specifications while providing you with several other benefits including:
- Efficiency in the assembly of complex geometric shapes and designs should you require
- Increased tool strength with a lower overall weight by 20 – 50%
- Significantly improved tolerance to damage
- Thermal constancy when exposed to rapid temperature changes
- The complete elimination of corrosion problems
- Increased strength against high impacts
Customized Carbon Fiber Moldings
With over 20 years of experience working with clients in Canada, the United States, and Mexico, Fibrotek Advanced Materials continues to lead industry standards as a tooling manufacturer and engineering company.
Our goal is to extend innovation and excellent customer service by offering clients superior carbon fiber moldings at a cost-effective price. We do so by closely engaging with every project we take on, whether small or large and oversee every detail from the initial prototype design, across the production line, all the way through to the final delivery. Not only does this ensure our quality and inspection standards exceed expectations, but it also allows us to eliminate third parties and outsourcing requirements to save you money.
Furthermore, the Fibrotek Advanced Materials warehouse is host to several industry-leading technologies and machines to help our team provide exceptional results every time, including:
- 3-, 4-, and 5- axis machining
- Additive manufacturing, or 3D printing
- Prototype and modeling display for demonstrational purposes
Our Production Methods
At Fibrotek Advanced Materials, we employ several innovative production methods to help us provide clients with their unique specifications. Here is a sneak peek at some of our procedures we can use to bring your project to life.
- Prepreg Autoclave
- Prepreg out-of-autoclave
- Infused epoxy
- Wet fibers
The Fibrotek Advanced Materials Development Process
As we mentioned, Fibrotek Advanced Materials is committed to overseeing your entire project from initiation to execution. Here is a closer look at our development process as a carbon fiber molding company.
- Initial Consultation: You’ll meet with our engineering and design team to get to know what the requirements for your job are.
- Designing Your Mold: Our team will design your mold and ensure accuracy in 3D.
- Prototype: Fibrotek Advanced Materials will provide you with a prototype for demonstration before moving ahead.
- Production: Our production team will produce your carbon fiber moldings.
- Quality Control: Our staff meticulously oversees product control including precise measurements using our HandyScan 3D.
- Post-Production: Fibrotek Advanced Materials will professionally package and deliver your carbon fiber molds.
With this development process, Fibrotek Advanced Materials is able to comply with our several qualify certifications including:
ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management
AS 9100 Quality Management for Aerospace and Defense
Our company is also registered under the Canadian Controlled Products Program (CGP), and Compliant with ITAR.
Our Inspection Standards
Fibrotek Advanced Materials utilizes several measurement solutions at all steps of our product life cycle by employing innovative scientific software and instruments, including HandyScan 3D, a mobile measurement 3D scanner. This compelling handheld 3D scanner immediately displays accurate, high-resolution 3D scans with complex surfaces under all environmental conditions. It additionally reaches a sharpness up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.) and a maximum resolution of 0.050 mm (0.0020 in.).
Moreover, its uppermost acquisition scale is 480,000 measurements/s. Fibrotek Advanced Materials then applies this information in unification with a post-treatment software. The data from the 3D scan is then easily obtained and efficiently exported as an uncomplicated 3D file for review, 3D printing, and CAD software (CATIA, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.). Fibrotek Advanced Materials grants our clients continuous 3D scanning despite the size of the moldings, complexity of the design itself, materials used, or surface with this innovative production scanner.
Call Fibrotek Advanced Materials Today
At Fibrotek Advanced Materials, we provide our clients with the confidence knowing they have partnered with a business who comprehends the intricacy and implication of state-of-the-art aerospace, automotive, or UAV or submersibles carbon fiber moldings for soft tools. With over 20 years of experience and industry influence as a carbon fiber molding company, our diverse team is well-prepared with the awareness and manufacturing tools to deliver you with quality products and exceptional customer service experiences.
To learn more about how we can assist you and your business needs, please call us at (418) -439-0999 to book a consultation call with our team of extensive experts. We look forward to working with you.