With over 20 years of experience as a leading composite manufacturing and engineering company for the aerospace, automotive, and drone industry, Fibrotek Advanced Materials is committed to pushing the boundaries of innovative tooling designs and production efficiency by recognizing the value in utilizing composite materials.
One of the many difficulties faced by the industries we work in is the ability to produce superior quality mechanisms and parts at a reduced weight to increase fuel efficiency. Due to the complexity in design, dimensional requirements, and production demands, manufacturers require access to robust tooling solutions.
However, hard tools that are generally constructed of metal compounds like aluminum, nickel, and steel suffer from significant shortcomings that can make the production process more complicated and long in duration than it needs to be. For example, due to the weight of the metals, production workers will have difficulties moving them with ease. They are also extremely expensive to manufacture, and their thermal conductivity can lengthen cure times and make the cure verification challenging.
This is why Fibrotek Advanced Materials utilizes the benefits of composite materials to manufacture soft tools that can provide clients with several benefits including:
- Efficient assembly of complex designs and shapes
- Increase tool strength
- A weight decrease of approximately 20 – 50%.
- Improved robustness to significant damage
- Thermal constancy when exposed to rapid temperature adjustments
- The complete elimination of corrosion issues
- An increased resiliency against high impacts
What Composite Materials We Use
At Fibrotek Advanced Materials, we take pride in using diverse composite materials in our production lines to seamlessly manufacture products for our clients regardless of their specifications and requirements. We use a blend of the following materials to construct innovative hybrid tools that provide the advantage of hard and soft tools to maximize performance and decrease impediments across the production line:
- Carbon fiber
- Tooling boards
- Epoxy and other synthetic thermoset resin and polymers
- Composite sandwich laminate
Composite Manufacturing Methods
Our exclusively assembled frame substructures are produced of solid aluminum or steel, rendering the necessary robustness, superiority, and low-shrinkage possibility. Our extensive warehouse proficiencies include:
- 3-, 4-, and 5- axis machining
- Additive manufacturing, or 3D printing
- Prototype and modeling display for demonstrational purposes
With the help of our robust machinery, industry-leading professionals, and innovative technology, we are able to employ several composite manufacturing methods including:
Open Molding: A blend of composite materials are strategically placed in an open mold where they are cured naturally with the air making it perfect for small production requirements.
Close Molding: A blend of composite materials are efficiently cured inside a two-sided mold making it ideal for high production volumes.
Cast Polymer Molding: A resin and fiber blend is placed into a mold and cured.
Our team will consult with you during the initial planning stage to determine what composite tooling method is suitable for your project requirements.
The Fibrotek Advanced Materials Development Process
Fibrotek Advanced Materials is committed to overseeing the entire development process from initial concepts and design to the execution of our clients’ products. Our development procedure includes:
- The Initial Consultation: Clients will have the opportunity to meet with our engineering and design team one-on-one so we can acquire a better understanding about what your requirements and specifications are for the project.
- The Designing Your Mold: Our team will design your molds and ensure precision correctness in 3D, regardless of how intricate they are.
- Prototype Presentation: We will then provide your team with an initial prototype for demonstration purposes before moving ahead on the production.
- Production: Our production team will manufacture your soft tools using innovative composite materials without the use of third-party subcontractors to save you money.
- Quality Control: Fibrotek Advanced Materials methodically supervises product control and quality including the employment of precise measurements using our HandyScan 3D scanner.
- Post-Production: Fibrotek Advanced Materials will then professionally package and deliver your composite materials according to your specifications and requirements.
Our Quality Control Certifications
Our composite manufacturing company strives to produce products of excellence for our clients. This is why we are committed to remaining compliant with several quality certifications including:
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management
- AS 9100 Quality Management for Aerospace and Defense
Our company is also registered under the Canadian Controlled Products Program (CGP), and Compliant with ITAR.
Thorough Inspections at All Stages of Production
Fibrotek Advanced Materials employs diverse measurement resolutions at all steps of our product life cycle using innovative systematic software and devices, including HandyScan 3D, a portable computation 3D scanner. This modern handheld 3D scanner directly presents precise, high-resolution 3D scans with intricate surfaces under every environmental state. It also transfers a sharpness up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.) and a maximum resolution of 0.050 mm (0.0020 in.).
Furthermore, its culminating attainment scale is 480,000 measurements/s. Fibrotek Advanced Materials later utilizes this data in combination with post-treatment software. The data from the 3D scan is then efficiently collected and efficiently transshipped as an uncomplicated 3D file for analysis. Fibrotek Advanced Materials yields our client’s consecutive 3D scanning regardless of the size of the frames, the complexity of the design, our composite materials utilized, or exterior with this innovative product scanner.
Call Fibrotek Advanced Materials Today
At Fibrotek Advanced Materials, we’re a composite manufacturing company who appreciates the intricacy and importance of ground-breaking tooling solutions for clients. With years of expertise and industry influence, our team of engineers, project managers, and production professionals are prepared with the knowledge, expert craftsmanship, and manufacturing machinery to customize high-quality products according to your needs as a business.
To learn more about how we can assist you with all your composite manufacturing needs, please call us at (418) -439-0999 to book a consultation call with our team of diverse experts. We look forward to working with you.